Monday, April 27, 2009

Marci's First Time Golfing

Jason has always wanted to take me golfing, so we finally decided to go. We went out to The Skyway Golf course in Tremonton and Jason started to teach me how to golf. I told him that he couldn't make fun of me because this was my first time. I did okay but definitely have a ways to go. I still need a lot of work on my back swing. We rented a golf cart and we played 9 holes. I got frustrated towards the end and ended up not finishing the 9 holes, that I ended up regretting later because I was so close and I shouldn't have got so mad and upset because I thought I was doing bad. Jason reminded me that it was my first time golfing and that I was doing fine. I felt bad after because I took out some of my frustration out on him. Sorry honey!
We will have to keep going golfing and practicing so I can get better, and I will have to learn not to be so hard on myself and not to get mad at Jason because all he is doing is trying to help me and support me. Next time I hopefully wont ruin the experience in the end like i did with this time around. I seem to do that a lot. I really need to work on not getting mad over things that I don't need to get upset over.

2 comments:

Grove Family said...

I need to let Zach teach me how to golf. I don't know if I could do it though. Good job for trying it out and not killing anybody :O)

Unknown said...

Jason is right! You should not feel bad about not doing good in your first time. Even the long time players have a hard time aiming their shots. But this post was years ago, so I assume you're a lot better now. Did you go for golfing again? Be patient. You need a calm mind to better concentrate.
Jeni @ WinningWaysGolf.com